Keeping me in stitches...

You may or may not have noticed how quiet it's been here. No rice boiling at all!

A week and a half ago I had surgery. What was supposed to be quick and easy turned out to be neither. And I ended up with a whole bunch of stitches in my back.

One for every letter of the alphabet.

Needless to say, it's been an interesting week. After a bad experience with a couple pain meds, I decided to forgo them altogether. I've been sleeping a lot. And my family has taken wonderful care of me.

I'm more or less back on my feet, though I don't have much stamina. Hopefully, I'll be back to regular blogging on Monday.

But in the meantime, here's a link to make you chuckle. The 42 Worst Nativity Sets. I vote for the Zombie Nativity, but it's a close tie with the Godzilla Nativity.
Which one would you vote for?


13 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your stitched in Alphabet shapes:)
    I hope you are feeling better soon! I'm down with a broken and sprained foot!
    Thank goodness for a loving and patient family:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch on your surgery. Get well wishes are being sent your way! Hopefully you'll get your energy back real quick... As for a favorite nativity? They are all pretty entertaining. Tho I might choose the lawn geese--only because I've got one. She was dressed in a purple polka-dot dress and hat this summer thanks to my mom :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hope you feel better soon. Yeah, pain meds are awful... I avoid them, too. Relax and get plenty of rest and thinking done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, you guys. I'm feeling much better, but not 100% yet. Hopefully, I'll be good as new before Christmas!

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. ZOMG! I hope you're alright! Ah, reading the comments, you are. With luck you'll heal quickly. Thank goodness for a good family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel better soon. And thanks for the chuckle. Laughter is indeed good medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all! I'm able to be up a little more each day, so I'm very thankful. Had I known what the recovery was like, I'd have postponed the procedure till the new year. Oh well. At least it's done!

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. The snack nativity by David the photographer is definitely creative! Sorry things did not go so well, Debbie, but I'm glad you are doing better. You are blessed to have family looking after you!
    Hope you are back on track soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much, Jarm. And I did like the snack one. Somebody was using their brain!

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry you aren't feeling well! Double bummer that it's this time of year. I hope you're continuing to improve.

    The nativity scenes are hilarious. By the time you get to the bottom, the dogs seem almost normal. I agree with Jarm about the snack one. Baby cheeses made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Lauren! I loved the baby cheeses, too. Hope your December is going well.

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails