WriteOnCon Recap, Day 2

The nice thing about an online conference is that when life gets in the way, you don't have to miss out. My day was busy, but wonderful, ending with a campfire sing-a-long with my kids and their friends. But I didn't get to sit around in my pjs like Tuesday.

Not to worry! I can catch up between appointments today, and also try to keep up with the new workshops. Here's a rundown of what you may have missed yesterday--like me:

The Debut Year by Author Lindsey Leavitt

Illustration 101 by JH Everett and the Studio 5 Illustrators

 You’re Already Invited: Connecting to the Lit Community Online

 I DON’T CARE THAT HE’S HOT: Building Believable Romance

The Shakeover Makeover ? Shake Your PB Till It Shines!

Novel Beginnings, How to Know Where To Start by Author Lisa Schroeder

How to Write A Synopsis

Irresistible Picture Book Characters

Middle Grade’s Got Heart

LIVE FORUM EVENT: Pitch + 100 words with literary agents Carlie Webber and Christina Hogrebe

Are You Ready to Query?

On Compactness

Live Q&A with author Sarah Rees Brennan

Character Development

Your Own Hero's Journey: Using Intuition to Balance Writing and Life: Advice from an Editor and Life Coach for Writers

Live Q&A with literary agent Jenny Bent

Submission Basics

How Do I Know That I Really Love It? 

Live YA Q&A chat with Holly Root and Barbara Poelle

Critique Groups 101 with the YA Muses

Marketing 101 for Children’s Book Authors

Live Panel of Industry Professionals: Kate Testerman, Martha Mihalick, Joanna Volpe, Jen Rofe, Diana Fox

Wednesday Night Recap Includes the Friday schedule.

I'm looking forward to checking out The Debut Year and Your Own Hero's Journey. How about you?



3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much, Debbie, for these links! For various reasons, I've not been able to get involved with WriteOn, but you've made it very easy to dip in and out... I'm going to start with "The Shakeover Makeover/Shake Your PB Til it Shines," "Irresistable PB Characters," and "Middle Grade's Got Heart..."

    Thanks again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed the picture book segments. The PB Characters was my favorite. It's been fun to jump in and watch/read the conference materials when I have a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't able to get on today! Hopefully I can catch up on day 2 & 3 tomorrow. I've been doing back to college shopping with my daughter--fun times! We even ducked into Borders and each found a few good things. I bought her Ann Lamott's Bird by Bird for her 20th birthday on Saturday. :)

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails