New Years Goals

While my most obvious goal should be to blog more often, here are my writing goals for 2010.

  1. Attend at least one writing conference (I'm heading to the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators Conference in NYC at the end of the month--thanks to my wonderful family and friends--so this one is easy!)
  2. Finish my current manuscript this month by writing at least 2K per day
  3. Submit 5 articles or stories for publication (I've already taken care of one, and I have a fiction story that will be published in February)
  4. Begin querying agents (I will read for two agents on January 20th, and hope to meet a few more at the SCBWI conference)
  5. Continue to write every day.
    Beyond my writing goals, I have goals planned for other areas of my life. I found an excellent goal sheet to keep them all in one place (see photo). It's a free pdf download, and after you fold it, you have a wallet-sized booklet that you can keep handy (read: actually remember what your goals are). You can find the goal sheet here .

    Michael Hyatt wrote an excellent post on setting goals, and he recommended a book called Write It Down, Make It Happen: Knowing What You Want And Getting It . No matter what you do, get your goals in writing, and if possible, share them with others to keep you accountable. You're welcome to leave your goals in the comments, if you like.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails